Last Updated: January 2021
Welcome to Absen.com! We respect your concerns about privacy and appreciate your trust and confidence in us.
Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to keeping all your Personal Data secure.
· “Absen”, “we” or “us” means SHENZHEN ABSEN OPTOELECTRONIC CO., LTD, a public limited liability company incorporated under 18-20F Building 3A, Cloud Park, Bantian, Longgang District, Shenzhen 518129, P.R. China and its subsidiaries.
· “Personal Data” means any data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data or from that data and other information which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of, Absen (or its representatives or service providers). In addition to factual information, it includes any expression of opinion about an individual and any indication of the intentions of Absen or any other person in respect of an individual.
· “you” means the users of the Website and Absen products and services.
2. Which personal data do we process about you?
We will collect and process the following personal data about you:
i. Information provided by you to Absen
This includes information about you that you provide to us. The nature of the products or services you are requesting will determine the kind of Personal Data we might ask for, though such information may include (by way of a non-exhaustive list):
· basic Personal Data such as your first name, last name, e-mail address, telephone number, address details (street, number, postcode, city, country) and other personal contact details.
· your correspondence with Absen which may be contain Personal Data,
· your company name and position within the company, your preferred language and information in relation to your Absen contact;
· information on events or webinars you wish to attend; and
· any information that you choose to share on the Website or when you contact us which may be considered Personal Data.
ii. Information that we collect or generate about you.
This includes (by way of non-exhaustive list):
· any information regarding the Absen products or services purchased and/or used on the Website and our interactions with you;
· a file with your contact history;
· information on your session and internet usage, including your IP address, the pages you visit, the browser you use, the websites you visited earlier, geographical data such as your location, your preferred language and the time and duration of your visit;
· photographs or videos taken of you at Absen events;
· information in relation to your “myAbsen” account, including a record of your login, which includes the date and time, your login name and the unique number assigned to your account.
iii. Information obtained from third parties
· the Personal Data provided to us by third-party service providers, agencies or other publicly available sources where applicable;
· information from other Absen group companies; and
· information provided to us by local distributors in the context of promotions or business opportunities.
4. For what purposes do we process your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data may be stored and processed by us in the following ways and for the following purposes:
· for ongoing review and improvement of the information provided on the Website to ensure it is user friendly and to prevent any potential disruptions or cyber attacks;
· to allow you to use and access the functionality provided by Absen’s products and services;
· to assess your application for Absen products and services, where applicable;
· to create, manage and personalize your “myAbsen” account
· to process your requests for content or software (e.g. brochures or drivers)
· to conduct surveys;
· to process your online orders of Absen products;
· to provide service support for Absen products and to log tickets for technical questions;
· to register you for, and to organize and administer events or webinars;
· to process your application for our certified training program;
· to activate your license entitlement(s) for Absen products;
· to allow you to use Absen’s online tools (such as the LED Display Calculator);
· to conduct analysis required to detect malicious data;
· for statistical monitoring and analysis of current attacks on devices and systems and for the on-going adaptation of the solutions provided to secure devices and systems against current attacks;
· to understand feedback on Absen products and services and to help provide more information on the use of those products and services quickly and easily;
· to communicate with you to respond to your queries and to provide you with information about Absen and Absen products and services as well as any events, webinars or other news;
· for in-depth threat analysis;
· to understand your needs and interests;
· for the management and administration of our business;
· in order to comply with and in order to assess compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and internal policies and procedures; or
· for the administration and maintenance of databases storing Personal Data.
However, when we use your Personal Data, we make sure that the usage complies with law and the law allows us and requires us to use Personal Data for a variety of reasons. These include:
· we have obtained your consent;
· we have legal and regulatory obligations that we have to discharge;
· we may need to do so in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or for the purpose of legal proceedings;
· the use of your Personal Data as described is necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as:
o allowing us to effectively and efficiently manage and administer the operation of our business;
o maintaining compliance with internal policies and procedures;
o monitoring the use of our copyrighted materials;
o for direct marketing;
o enabling quick and easy access to information on Absen products and services;
o offering optimal, up-to-date security solutions for mobile devices and IT systems;
o obtaining further knowledge of current threats to network security in order to update our security solutions; and
o we need to do so in order to perform our contractual obligations with our customers and third-party providers.
5. Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
We may share your Personal Data within the Absen group for the purposes described above.
We may also share your Personal Data outside of the Absen group for the following purposes:
· with our business partners. For example, this could include our partners from whom you or your company or your organisation purchased Absen products. Personal Data will only be transferred to a business partner who is contractually obliged to comply with appropriate data protection obligations and the relevant privacy and confidentiality legislation;
· distributors and resellers who are authorized to sell Absen products in order to provide sales services;
· to the extent required by law, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation (including, without limitation, in order to comply with tax reporting requirements and disclosures to regulators), or to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights;
· if we sell our business or assets, in which case we may need to disclose your Personal Data to the prospective buyer for due diligence purposes; and
· if we are acquired by a third party, in which case the Personal Data held by us about you will be disclosed to the third party buyer.
6. What about links to other websites and social media?
7. How are your Personal Data protected?
Absen strives to protect your Personal Data by means of technical and organizational measures, such as firewalls and secure servers so that access to your Personal Data is limited to authorised employees.
8. Marketing Communications
You can opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing e-mails we send you or by contacting us using the details set out under the “Contact Us” section below.
9. International Transfers of Your Personal Data
10. EU data protection laws
Where EU data protection laws apply, the provisions in this section will apply in addition to the general provisions set out above.
Pursuant to EU data protection laws SHENZHEN ABSEN OPTOELECTRONIC CO., LTD is the controller of your Personal Data collected and processed via the Website.
For how long Absen will hold your Personal Data will vary and will be determined by the following criteria:
· The purpose for which Absen is using it: Absen is required to retain the Personal Data for as long as is necessary to satisfy or meet the purpose for which it was obtained or any other legal purpose.
· Legal Obligations: Laws or regulations may set a minimum period for which Absen must retain your Personal Data.
Where we transfer your Personal Data to another country outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or United Kingdom (“UK”) or Switzerland. , we will ensure that it is protected and transferred in a manner consistent with legal requirements. In relation to data being transferred outside of the EEA or UK or Switzerland. , for example, this may be done in one of the following ways:
· the country that we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of protection for personal information;
· the recipient might have signed up to a contract based on “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission, obliging them to protect your Personal Data;
· in other circumstances the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your Personal Data outside the EEA or UK or Switzerland.
We may also use a variety of legal mechanisms, such as standard contractual clauses to implement the cross-border transfer of your personal data, or implement security measures like anonymization on the data before the cross border data transfer. You can obtain more details of the protection given to your Personal Data when it is transferred outside the EEA or UK or Switzerland by contacting us using the details set out under the “Contact Us” section below.
In all the above cases in which we collect, use or store your Personal Data, you may have the following rights:
· the right to obtain information regarding the processing of your Personal Data and access to the Personal Data which we hold about you;
· the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your Personal Data if we have another legitimate reason for doing so. For example, we may need to retain Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation;
· in some circumstances, the right to receive some Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or request that we transmit those data to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to Personal Data which you have provided directly to Absen;
· the right to request that we rectify your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
· the right to request that we erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your Personal Data but we are legally entitled to retain it;
· the right to object to, or request that we restrict, our processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your Personal Data but we are legally entitled to refuse that request; and
· the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection regulator if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out under the “Contact Us” section below.
11. Children’s privacy
Children must not use the Website for any purpose, except where their parent or guardian has provided consent. Our Products and Services are not directed to, or intended for, individuals under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 18. If you believe that we have personal information of a child without parental/guardian consent, or if you are the parent or guardian of the user and wish to withdraw consent, please contact us at [email protected] and we will delete such information.
12. Contact Us
· by e-mail: [email protected]
· by phone: +86-755-89747399
· by mailing to
· Absen Marketing
· 18-20F Building 3A, Cloud Park, Bantian, Longgang District, Shenzhen 518129, P.R.China
As far as data processing in Germany or by Absen GmbH is concerned, please contact the Data Protection Officer for Absen GmbH, by email: [email protected].